Saturday 23 June 2012

SPY

That is how I ended up getting JRT number two . . Spy :))
After my first rather bad experience , I decided to buy through a registered breeder. My dad bought her for me as a birthday present, from a Breeder in KZN.

Spy arrived on the plane from Durban in a modified plastic basket. I caught sight of her (and she of me) through the slats of the basket . . . it was luv at first sight (for me at least!). The man handling the cargo could not cut the cable ties off fast enough as this little rat of a thing was by now SCREAMING! . . and there began some of the best years of my life :)

She was SO tiny she could sit in my hand with room to spare. Spy is now 5 years old and achieved more than I ever thought possible. She was never bought for agility but although not the fastest agility dog, she is very steady and the "anchor" of a team :)

Currently in Grade 3 agility, Grade 3 Non contact agility, Spy has even managed to win 2 CC's in Grade 3 Dog jumping!!

But as I have mentioned her biggest contribution is in a team event - my littlest girl (along with 2 other "mini" dogs) has been part of the Eastern Province provincial team for at least 3 years now. Her jumping style and love of the tunnel has made my JRT a crowd favourite!

Our Greatest achievement to date is satisfying the requirements for Canine Good Citizen (gold level) . . .quite a feat for a 'terrierist' :)

No comments:

Post a Comment