Saturday 30 June 2012

1, 2, 3, 4, 5 . . . .

The training grounds are still very waterlogged so still difficult to drag contact equipment ( . .any equipment!) out onto the field, so . . I carried 5 sets of uprights to the bottom of the field, the ONLY dry patch!!
 I am a big believer in Susan Salo's gridwork (puppy jumping and foundation jumping) and that is what we set up today. I picked 2 fairly easy grids because it has been a little while since we were able to practice them :)

 Mika was first up . . For those who know anything about Susan Salo: I did a set point grid and an equal distance, equal height grid . . These are very helpful for Mika and I as we are really working hard on eradicating our jump knocking. Mika was concentrating well and worked through the grids with ease.

 Next ; for the first time I tried Cal with 5 jumps (so far only done 3 jump grids). Eased him into it slowly, started with 3 jumps and then building up. . He understood both grid concepts and worked through them very well . . Was so impressed with him!!

 My littlest ie Spy . . We did work with spreads, as this is where our weakness lies :) we have had a nice break and she enjoyed it

No comments:

Post a Comment